The EVduty from Elmec Inc. is a level 2 charging station for electric vehicles. It lets you recharge an electric vehicle (EV) faster thanks to its power of 7.2kW (30A at 240VAC). It is compatible with all vehicles that have a SAE J1772 recharge port.
EVduty-40 electric vehicle charging station (NEW)
- NEW MODEL : EVC30
- 208-240VAC / 30 amps
- For indoor or outdoor installation (-40 ° C to 40 ° C)
- Cable : 7,6 meters (25 feet)
- Wall mount for the charging station and cable holder included
- Casing dimensions : 330mm x 165mm x 60mm (13.00’’ x 6.50’’ x 2.50’’)
- Limited warranty: 5 years (3 years for the cable/connector)
- Compatible with all plug-in vehicles (100% electric or plug-in hybrids) sold in North America (SAE J1772MD)
- Manufactured by Elmec Inc. in Shawinigan, Québec, Canada
Your EVduty charging station must be installed on a 40 amp circuit by a Licensed Electrical Contractor. Download the user manual and hand it to your electrician.
- The EVduty charging station is programmed to deliver up to 30 amps. If necessary, Elmec can program a lower intensity if a 40 amp circuit is not available (to be discussed with your electrician).
- Hardwired installation (without plug)
- Portable installation with connection to a NEMA 6-50R 240V wall outlet (not included)
- Portable installation with connection to a NEMA 14-50R 240V wall outlet (not included)
- CSA-C22.2 No. 218.1 (2012)/ UL2231-2 (Edition 2) (2012) – Standard for Safety for Personnel Protection Systems for Electric Vehicle (EV) Supply Circuits
- CSA-C22.2 No. 218.2 (2012)/ UL2231-2 (Edition 2) (2012) – Standard for Safety for Personnel Protection Systems for Electric Vehicle (EV) Supply Circuits: Particular Requirements for Protection Devices for Use in Charging Systems
- UL 2594 (Edition 1)/ CSA-C22.2 No. 280:13 – Standard for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
ONTARIO : Get a 50% (up to $500) government incentive on the purchase of a charging station + 50% (up to $500) on the the costs associated with installing the unit by a Licensed Electrical Contractor. SEE: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/charging-incentive-program.shtml
QUEBEC : Get a $350 government rebate on the purchase of a charging station + $ 250 on the installation fee. SEE: vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca
Documents to download (PDF):
FUTURE UPGRADING OPTION (coming soon)
It will eventually be possible to “upgrade” your non-smart EVC30 charging station to a smart version with the purchase of a kit including a new electronic circuit, an instruction sheet and the license agreement. This option will only be available on the new model (not on the original EVC30T). The price and date of release of the kit are not yet determined.