First Chevrolet Bolt about to be delivered in Canada
Almost two months ago, I wrote that My 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV has a Targeted Production Week.
Today, Myers Orleans Chev Buick GMC‘ Sales and Leasing Consultant Stéphane Paquet confirmed that my Bolt EV has its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). General Motors Orion Assembly 30 miles north of Detroit has completed the production of my Red Cajun Bolt EV. A few more weeks and it will be in my driveway.
GM has production codes for each and every event for an order. My Order Workbench mentions :
- Event Code 1100 – Order Placed at Dealership – November 9 2016
- Event Code 1102 – Order Entered via Web – November 9 2016
- Event Code 2000 – Order Accepted by GM – November 14 2016
- Event Code 2500 – Order Preferenced, Sent to Production – November 15 2016
- Event Code 3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control – November 16 2016
- Event Code 3100 – Available to Sequence – December 14 2016
- Event Code 3300 – Schedule for Production – December 15 2016
- Event Code 3400 – Broadcast – December 16 2016
- Event Code 3800 – Produced – January 5 2017
- Event Code 4000 – Available to Ship – January 9 2017
- Event Code 4150 – Original Invoice – January 9 2017
- Event Code 4B00 – Bayed – January 9 2017
Peter Miller from Vancouver BC has confirmed on Chevy Bolt EV Interest Facebook group that the Order Workbench confirms his Bolt has a VIN.
We also know that Bourgeois Chevrolet in Rawdon QC has 2 Bolt EV with the same Targeted Production Week. We can deduct that at least four BOLT EV are ready to be delivered in Canada.
Yannic Asselin, Bourgeois Chevrolet’s EV Sales Representative confirmed that ”Every canadian Bolt that have been produced last week are in quality control. 4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control.”
Will GM Canada deliver the very first Bolt EV in Canada at the Montreal International Auto Show from January 20 to 27 ?
The question remains. Who will have the very first 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV in Canada ?
Here are the GM Production Codes :
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Prefrenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300.